ACS (American Chemical Society, 미국화학회) Style은 ACS에서 발간하는 학술지의 논문작성 지침으로 자연과학분야에서 많이 사용하고 있다
References in the text should be cited in one of three ways:
1. By superscript numbers, which appear outside the punctuation if the citation applies to a whole sentence or clause. Oscillation in the reaction of benzaldehyde with oxygen was reported previously.3
2. By italic numbers in parentheses on the line of text and inside the punctuation.
The mineralization of TCE by a pure culture of a methane-oxidizing organism has been reported (6).
3. By author name and year of publication in parentheses inside the punctuation(known as author–date).
The primary structure of this enzyme has also been determined (Finnegan et al., 2004).
References should be in italics and numbered sequentially.
A reference must include certain minimum data:
• Periodical references must include the author names, abbreviated journal title, year of publication, volume number (if any), and initial page of cited article (the complete span is better).
• Book references must include the author or editor names, book title, publisher, city of publication, and year of publication.
• For material other than books and journals, sufficient information must be provided so that the source can be identified and located.
The list of references appears at the end of the paper in alphabetical order if cited by author and date or in numerical order if cited by numbers.
저자명 1; 저자명 2; ...; 저자명 10; 등. chapter 제목. 도서명: 부서명, 판차; 총서정보; 발행처: 발행지, 발행년; 권표시, 인용면수
with article title
연구자 1; 연구자 2; ...; 연구자 10; 등. 논문명. 연속간행물명(발행단체명) 연도, 권 (호/월), 수록면수.
without article title(CASSI에 의한 간략기재)
Online journal articles
Online journal articles are cited using the same format as print journals. Add "[Online]" after the journal name. Include inclusive pagination or other identifying information such as DOI number.
Nonscientific magazines and newspapers
Use the title found on the site. If needed for clarification, you can add the words "Home Page", "Gopher Site", or "database". The date of access is mandatory. Refer to Online Journal below for the format of an online journal article.
저자명 1; ...; 저자명 10; 등. 사이트명. URL (접속일자), 기타식별정보.
Data from web sites
MSDS(MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS)
ACS Style Guide 2006 edition addresses how to cite an MSDS.
Hard copy (paper) MSDS
MSDS obtained from an Internet search
MSDS obtained from a database source such as CCOHS
특허권자1; ... ; 특허권자 10; 등. 특허자료명. 특허번호, 등록일자.
Dissertations and Theses
연구자. 논문명: 부제. 학위명, 수여대학교명, 소재지, 수여일자.
The ACS Style Guide: Effective Communication of Scientific Information, 3rd ed. Coghill, A.M.; Garson, L.R., Eds. American Chemical Society: Washington, DC; Oxford University Press: Oxford, U.K., New York, 2006. (Chapter 14 is available online at http://pubs.acs.org/userimages/ContentEditor/1246030496632/chapter14.pdf).